Presented by our Co-Title Sponsors
Since 1981, Leadership Southern Indiana has educated and trained over 2,000 community leaders to embrace our community through civic engagement and servant leadership. Their contributions have helped shape community progress and development through Clark and Floyd Counties and the surrounding areas.
DISCOVER is a nine-month program design to inform, inspire, connect and empower leaders that Southern Indiana will need to meet the challenges of today and tomorrow.
How Individuals Benefit
- The community is our classroom! Individuals will be immersed in the Southern Indiana community and how it operates which will provide a broader and deeper perspective on the community and your role in it.
- Individuals will connect with community leaders from both the public and private sectors who will both support and challenge their views on the community’s key issues.
- Individuals will interact with and build a professional network of individuals who are passionate about our community.
- Individuals will gain knowledge on civic issues, as well as how they can effect change in our community.
- Individuals will connect with the Leadership SI members network of more than 2,000 individuals and grow their own network by meeting community leaders at each program day.
How Organizations Benefit
- Participants gain a solid leadership foundation based on skill building, civic education, and service that can be applied at their organization.
- Program graduates develop the capacity and commitment to recognize, understand, and respond to their community’s needs and opportunities of the organizations and teams they serve.
- Participants meet fellow community leaders, establish connections, and expand their circle of influence.
- Throughout the program, participant are immersed in the community—as a representative of their organization, their involvement the DISCOVER demonstrates the organization’s commitment to the betterment of the community.