Since 1981, Leadership Southern Indiana has educated and trained over 2,000 community leaders to embrace our community through civic engagement and servant leadership. Their contributions have helped shape community progress and development through Clark and Floyd Counties and the surrounding areas.
DISCOVER is a nine-month program design to inform, inspire, connect and empower leaders that Southern Indiana will need to meet the challenges of today and tomorrow.
How Individuals Benefit
- The community is our classroom! Individuals will be immersed in the Southern Indiana community and how it operates which will provide a broader and deeper perspective on the community and your role in it.
- Individuals will connect with community leaders from both the public and private sectors who will both support and challenge their views on the community’s key issues.
- Individuals will interact with and build a professional network of individuals who are passionate about our community.
- Individuals will gain knowledge on civic issues, as well as how they can effect change in our community.
- Individuals will connect with the Leadership SI alumni network of more than 2,000 individuals and grow their own network by meeting community leaders at each program day.
How Organizations Benefit
- Participants gain a solid leadership foundation based on skill building, civic education, and service that can be applied at their organization.
- Program graduates develop the capacity and commitment to recognize, understand, and respond to their community’s needs and opportunities of the organizations and teams they serve.
- Participants meet fellow community leaders, establish connections, and expand their circle of influence.
- Throughout the program, participant are immersed in the community—as a representative of their organization, their involvement the DISCOVER demonstrates the organization’s commitment to the betterment of the community.
The DISCOVER Program commences in late August with a MANDATORY two-day overnight retreat where participants experience team-building exercises that will better prepare them for their adventure. The Program continues with nine (9) program days (one per month) September – May leading to graduation ceremonies in May.
Program Calendar for the Class of 2020 (August 2019-May 2020)
August 22-23, 2019 – Mandatory Retreat
September 11, 2019
October 16, 2019
November 13, 2019
December 11, 2019
January 15, 2020
February 12, 2020
March 11, 2020
April 15, 2020
May 13, 2020
May 21, 2020 – Graduation Commencement Dinner
Please note: All program days begin at 8 a.m. and conclude by 5 p.m.
Tuition for the DISCOVER Program is $2,095 – which includes meals, and materials for all program days, lodging for the overnight retreat, and program day transportation. Limited tuition scholarship are available on a first-come, first-serve basis, and for certain cases we have a payment plan available. Questions about scholarships or payment plans should be directed to the executive director.
Participants are expected to make a commitment to the program, attending at least 80% of the sessions, and completing minimal out-of-class assignments. The 2-Day overnight retreat is mandatory. A willingness to support Leadership SI through time, talent and treasure and referral of future candidates for the benefit of our community.
Absences or lack of participation may result in a participant being asked to leave the program or make up absences the following year. Certificates are awarded on the basis of satisfactory completion of the program including attendance.
Who Should Apply
Candidates must have full support of the business or organization they represent. Candidates are selected on basis of demonstrated leadership, commitment to community, civic involvement, and program capacity. Approximately 38-45 candidates are selected representing a diverse cross section of the community, including business, education, non-profit agencies and community organizations.