Since 1981, Leadership Southern Indiana has educated and trained over 2,000 community leaders to embrace our community through civic engagement and servant leadership. Their contributions have helped shape community progress and development through Clark and Floyd Counties and the surrounding areas.
ELEVATE was introduced to Leadership SI’s suite of programs in 2013. This highly interactive and engaging development series is tailored for leaders seeking to enhance their facilitative leadership capabilities.
How Individuals Benefit
- Self-Awareness & Skill Building: You can expect to gain a better understanding of your own personal leadership style while acquiring the knowledge, confidence, and tools to more effectively lead others.
- Executive Coaching: You will receive both individual and team executive coaching through our partnership with the Oliver Group.
- Connect with Community Leaders: You will connect with community leaders from both the public and private sectors who will both support and challenge you.
- Grow Your Network: You will connect with more than 2,000 Leadership SI alumni to expand your own network.
How Benefits Your Organization:
- Community Citizenship: Provides a meaningful way for your company to invest in the community.
- Leader Development: Allows smaller companies access to top-quality leader development.
- Branding: Allows participants to share with others insights about your organization.
- Outreach to local non-profits: Connects non-profits with potential partners.
The ELEVATE Program commences in August with a MANDATORY one-day retreat where participants experience team-building exercises that will better prepare them for their leadership journey. ELEVATE continues with six program days scheduled between September and April, culminating with graduation with ceremonies in May.
Each of our facilitators has significant experience in leadership training and/or serving in leadership positions throughout their careers.
Program Day Calendar for the Class of 2021 (August 2020-May 2021)*
August 20, 2020 Mandatory 1 Day Retreat
September 24, 2020 Emotional Intelligence
October 29, 2020 Ethics
November 19, 2020 Communication 101
January 28, 2021 Communication 201
February 18, 2021 Change March 18, 2021 Collaboration
April 8, 2021 Debrief
May 20, 2021 Graduation Commencement Dinner
Please note: All program days begin at 9 a.m. and conclude by 2:30 p.m.
*Dates are subject to change based on availability of facilitators
Tuition for the ELEVATE Program is $2,250 – which includes meals and materials for all Class days, Predictive Index assessment, executive coaching, retreat, and facilitators. Limited tuition scholarships are available on a first-come, first-serve basis, and for certain cases a payment plan is available. Questions about scholarships or payment plans should be directed to the executive director.
- Attend the mandatory one-day retreat
- Attend all sessions
- Willing to support Leadership SI with their time, talent, and treasure
- Complete out-of-class assignments
- Willing to source and refer future Leadership SI participants
- Invest their talents back into the community.
Please note: Absences or lack of participation may result in a participant being asked to leave the program or make up absences the following year. Certificates are awarded on the basis of satisfactory completion of the program including attendance.
Who Should Apply
Candidates must have full support of the organization they represent. Candidates are selected on based on their demonstrated leadership, commitment to community, civic involvement and leadership capacity. Approximately 10-15 candidates are selected each year, representing a diverse cross-section of the community, including business, education, non-profit agencies and community organizations.