Leadership Southern Indiana’s NEXGEN program embodies the organization’s mission to engage, develop and mobilize regional leaders who will serve and transform our community. The program’s objectives will provide experiences for local youth leaders-in-development to encourage their future successes.
This program will help you:
- Increase an understanding of yourself and your strengths as a leader
- Develop awareness of diversity and inclusion, financial literacy and philanthropy
- Build relationships with other young leaders within the program and community
- Build potential future business relationships
- Increase awareness of the vastness of our community through:
- Exposure to various sectors of our region, including corporate business vs. small business
- Develop a real world view of life after high school
- Gain an understanding of community issues and growth
- Learn about Southern Indiana’s economy, government and human services.
Orientation: August 15, 2017 / 5:00-6:00 pm (For student and parent/guardian)
Day 1: September 19, 2017 / 7:30 – 2:30
Day 2: November 14, 2017 / 7:30 – 2:30
Day 3: January 9, 2018 / 7:30 – 2:30
Day 4: February 1, 2018 / 7:30 – 2:30
Day 5: April 10, 2018 / 7:30 – 2:30
Graduation: May 14, 2018 / 1:00 – 2:30
High School Sophomores: talk to your school counselor today about applying for the Class of 2019! Applications will be taken in February and March of 2018.
Applications are available to current sophomores who will be juniors in (school year 2018/19). If you are accepted into the program, you will attend 6 excused class days from September 2018 through a graduation in May 2019.